Following are some guidelines; all are expected to follow while posting messages in the vssut group
- Send mails at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Membership and message-posting is open to VSSUT/UCE-ians.
- All mails must have the name of the sender, and preferably with Roll no. or Batch.
- Messages may be moderated by one(or more) of the moderators, before being send to the group.
- No one, other than the sender, should be held responsible for the message sent.
- Moderators have the privilege of accepting/rejecting new mails/membership, without citing any reasons.
- In case of any dispute, decision of the moderators is final and binding.
Following types of messages are welcome in the group:
- Information/updates about our Institute.
- Discuss an issue about our Institute. Note, please control your emotions and use moderate language while bringing up a hard topic. Strongly advice to refrain taking names. Before bringing a debatable topic for discussion, ensure you reach out to the right authorities to get the issue resolved. Please do not keep high expectations from alumni, to magically solve the problems. They have their priorities and constraints. You must understand and respect that.
- Hips-n-Happenings about the JOB/Education, which can be helpful for some/all of the VSSUT/UCEians
All job related mails must begin the subject with the word ‘JOB:‘. Subject-line should clearly specify, whom it is intended for and a few words on requirement.
e.g.: Subject: “JOB: VSSUT, Burla invites freshers(2005passouts)/BE(CS&E)/last date: Jan 01,2008”
- Proud achievement by VSSUT/UCEians.
- Any other mail, which you feel relevant for the group
Following messages are NOT acceptable, and may lead to termination of membership:
- Personal threats, abuses. Such mails are not in the good spirit of the group and are non-tolerant. You may discuss the ‘problem’ but not the ‘people’.
- Forwarded jokes/threats/chain-mails. These are considered spam for the group.
- Any other forward, which has no relevance to VSSUT.
- ‘Smart-job’ mails.
- “Nigerian 419 scams”-type emails
- Generic celebration mails like ‘Happy New Year’, ‘Happy Diwali’
Note to Moderators!
Many many thanks from all UCEians, for the nice job you have been doing, right from the beginning! We need to continue being responsible and sensible, for the better interest of the group.
Feel free to reject/delete any (pending)mail in the group, which does not satisfy the criteria. Don’t approve mails, by just seeing the subject line or sender. Go thru the mail, before approving. If you are unsure, just leave it pending, for some other moderator to pick it up.
If you feel, any job related mails to be important for the group, ‘Edit’ the subject line of the message to be ‘JOB: <job summary>’ before approving it.
All job mails, must contain the senders name and Batch(or roll number). This is to prevent consulting firms flood our mailbox.
- To join this group, send a blank mail to email@example.com. Follow the instruction from the auto-reply mail.
- To unjoin from this group, send a blank mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow the instruction from the auto-reply mail.